Our Regional QA/I meeting on Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 9:00 am is via zoom. Below is the zoom information:
Debbie Morgan is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Regional QA/I Meeting
Time: Aug 20, 2020 09:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 826 3567 3522
One tap mobile
+19294362866,,82635673522#,,,,,,0#,,030290# US (New York)
+13017158592,,82635673522#,,,,,,0#,,030290# US (Germantown)
Dial by your location
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 826 3567 3522
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kkVFAWwIQ
The minutes from the December 13, 2019 meeting are posted.
(Quality Assurance and Improvement)
Aroostook Region V EMS
111 High Street, Suite 1
Caribou ME 04736
P - (207) 492-1624
Copyright Aroostook Region V EMS.
All Rights Reserved.
As part of the Maine EMS Statewide Quality Assurance and Improvement (QA/I) program, we have established a regional QA/I committee for the purpose of facilitating communication between hospitals and EMS services, disseminating QA/I program related education and training, and coordinating QA/I audits and studies. Our regional QA/I committee will be comprised of, but not limited to, the following:
- ED medical directors from the four regional hospitals (NMMC, Cary Medical Center, Northern Light A.R. Gould, Houlton Regional Hospital) or their designees.
- ED Nurse Managers from each of the four regional hospitals or their designees.
- A representative of the QA/I committee of each ambulance service in the region.
- A representative of the QA/I committee of each First Responder Service that lists an ambulance service from #3 above as their transporting agency.
-Region V Coordinator
-Region V Quality Assurance Coordinator
-Region V Training Coordinator
-Region V Medical Director
Any provider is welcome to join these meetings for education purposes.
Role of the Regional QA/I Committee
The committee will meet monthly then possibly quarterly. EMS Services will be required to send at least one member of their service QA/I committee to 75% of the scheduled quarterly meetings. The agenda for the meetings will be left to the Regional Quality Assurance Coordinator, but every effort should be made to include the following content: • Review of regional and statewide QA/I Audits.
• Presentation of education that is developed as part of QA/I efforts.
• Updates on regional and state QA/I committee activity.
• Communication between EMS services and the hospitals regarding operational issues.
• Local case reviews including, but not limited to any unanticipated event resulting in death or serious physical or psychological injury to a patient or patients, not related to the natural course of the patient's illness
Continuing Education credits will be available for these meetings. The sub-regional QA/I committee will also designate a representative to the regional QA/I committee.
Services will be required to send a representative from their service QA/I committee to at least 75% of the scheduled quarterly meetings. Attendance will be taken at each meeting, and services that are not in compliance will receive a letter from the Regional Medical Director reminding them that participation in the regional QA/I committee is a condition of licensure and that further non-compliance will result in referral the Maine EMS investigation Committee.